When evaluating the effectiveness of instructional materials, you should consider your educational goals for student learning.
Key Questions: Student Success
- Did the instructional material adequately meet the state learning standard for that content area?
- Did the instructional material meet the level of quality required in your district/school?
- Did the instructional material support the learning behaviors your district has defined as important:
- Deeper learning?
- Personalized learning?
- Self-directed learning?
- Did the materials support student learning for all demographics?
- English language learners
- Students with disabilities
- Did the instructional material add value to student learning?
- Did the students customize the materials to enhance their own learning?
- Were the students more engaged?