The U.S. Department of Education is encouraging the use of OER to change teaching and learning. District and state leaders are working together with education technology companies and nonprofit organizations to share effective strategies for OER.
Statewide #GoOpen initiatives are committed to supporting districts and educators with the transition to the use of high-quality OER.
#GoOpen States will:
- Adopt/Implement a statewide technology strategy that includes the use of openly licensed resources as a central component.
- Develop and maintain a statewide repository solution for openly licensed resources.
- Develop the technical capability to publish OER to the Learning Registry.
- Participate in a community of practice with other #GoOpen states and districts to share learning resources and professional development resources.
- Create a webpage to share the commitment to #GoOpen and document the state’s progress.
This information provided by the Office of Education Technology #GoOpen Districts webpage