State Subject Area Rubrics
- Alabama publishes instructional materials review templates and forms by subject area.
- ALEX Lesson Plan Criteria Checklist includes five criteria for reviewing lesson plans.
- Math Evaluation Criteria
- Science Grades 9-12 Standards Map Templates and Instructions
- California Reviewed Digital Resources is a list of curated web sites for literacy with digital resources.
- Florida School Boards Association EdCred is a K-12 rating and review platform that empowers decision makers across Florida to fully vet K-12 products and services.
- LA Online Instructional Materials Reviews Resources include rubrics by subject area.
- Louisiana Assurance of Accessibility Standards Checklist
New Mexico provides a list of adopted materials reviewed and scored by subject area.
Oregon publishes criteria for review of instructional materials by subject area. Select criteria are identified below.
- Science 2014 (adopted by the State Board of Education on 1-22-15)
- English Language Proficiency (adopted by the State Board of Education on 1/23/14)
- CCSS Mathematics (adopted by the State Board on 1/23/14)
Tennessee develops a screening instrument (rubric) for each content area, subject, and grade level. The rubrics are approved by the state Textbook Commission. Select examples are below.
Utah publishes rubrics by subject area. The rubrics focus on the core content for the designated course and address issues such as equity, material quality and construction, adherence to Utah law, and other appropriate issues.